To apply for this task please complete this mandatory coding challenge together with your application: T886
Applications without matching coding challenge completed will not be considered.
Read our Google Summer of Code Overview page:
Extend QEMU to support AXIOM Beta hardware and setup in a way which allows to run and test the existing Kernel and Userspace without AXIOM Beta hardware.
- Boot unmodified Beta firmware image (Arch Linux with a custom kernel)
- Emulate the hardware devices required for initialization
- Emulate image capture (memory mapping)
- Emulate HDMI output(s) (memory mapping)
- Emulate some sort of user interface?
- Other hardware devices worth emulating?
- C and ARM assembler
- Ability to modify QEMU (large C codebase, but pretty well organized)
Difficulty: Very Hard
To get in touch with any mentor check the Mentor Contact List.