To apply for this task please complete this mandatory coding challenge together with your application: T1228
Applications without matching coding challenge completed will not be considered.
Read our Google Summer of Code Overview page:
We are currently in the process of rewriting gateware for the AXIOM cameras in nMigen. (https://github.com/apertus-open-source-cinema/nmigen-gateware). Currently that effort only works on the AXIOM Micro but it would be beneficial if there was also support for running it on the AXIOM Beta.
- Implement a sensor interface for the CMV12000 in nMigen
- Implement a PHY with bit & word alignment
- Translate the existing pixel Remapper (which has a good architecture) from VHDL to nMigen
- Implement a memory mapping SPI driver for the CMV12000 control registers (or use the Linux kernel bitbanging driver)
- Build a resolution loss decimation debayering method that downscales from 4K raw to Full HD color
- Build an "experiment" that implements a cmv12000 to HDMI flow
- Test everything on real hardware
- (Maybe optimize pieces of the current gateware so that they can catch up with the higher data-rate of the AXIOM Beta)
- HDL & FPGA understanding
- nMigen & Python
- VHDL (read & understand)
To get in touch with any mentor check the Mentor Contact List.
Notes: If you do not have access to the required hardware platforms/dev kits, we will provide them (or remote access) to you for the duration of the project.