To apply for this task please complete this mandatory coding challenge together with your application: T1228
Applications without matching coding challenge completed will not be considered.
Read our Google Summer of Code Overview page:
We are currently in the process of rewriting gateware for the axiom cameras in nMigen. (https://github.com/apertus-open-source-cinema/nmigen-gateware). Currently that efford only works on the micro but it would be beneficial if there was also support for running it on the Beta.
* Implement a sensor interface for the CMV12k in nmigen
* Implement a PHY with bit & word alignment
* Translate the existing pixel remapper (which has a good architecture) from vhdl to nMigen
* Implement a memorymapping SPI driver for the CMV12k control registers (or use the linux kernel bitbanging driver)
* Build a resolution loss debayerer that goes from 4k raw to FHD color
* Build an "experiment" that implements a cmv12k to hdmi flow
* Test everything on real hardware
* (Maybe optimize pieces of the current gateware so that they can catch up with the higher datarate of the AXIOM Beta)
* HDL & FPGA understanding
* nMigen & Python
* VHDL (read & understand)
To get in touch with any mentor check the Mentor Contact List.
Notes: If you do not have access to the required hardware platforms/dev kits, we will provide them (or remote access) to you for the duration of the project.