Please complete this task as part of your GSoC 2018 application when applying for matching tasks/ideas.
This challenge is mandatory if you apply for T720, T763 or T722.
For FPGA-related tasks/ideas, please complete T871 instead.
The goal is to build a small application which decodes a buffer with raw image data from the AXIOM Beta and converts it using the [LodePNG library](http://lodev.org/lodepng/) to create a viewable PNG image.
# Create a simple C/C++ console application using the development environment of your choice
# Add lodepng.c/cpp and lodepng.h from the [LodePNG website](http://lodev.org/lodepng/) to your project / Makefile / whatever you use
# Read image data from a RAW12 file (sample file: [portrait-gainx2-offset2047-20ms-02.raw12](http://files.apertus.org/AXIOM-Beta/snapshots/portraits/portrait-gainx2-offset2047-20ms-02.raw12), 4096x3072, 12bit, color sensor with bayer color filter array)
# Save one of the Bayer channels (any of them) as a grayscale 8-bit PNG using the LodePNG library
# Bonus points if your application runs on the [AXIOM Beta firmware in QEMU](https://github.com/apertus-open-source-cinema/axiom-beta-qemu). (this is optional)
- RAW12: https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/RAW12
- Bayer Pattern: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_filter
- 12bit conversion: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33768206/convert-2-bytes-into-12-bit-number
- 12bit conversion (SIMD not required): https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15443868/fastest-way-to-convert-12bit-image-to-16bit-image
- [Processing RAW images in MATLAB](https://rcsumner.net/raw_guide/RAWguide.pdf) (useful as overview; we are not asking for color-correct output)