Please complete this task as part of your GSoC 2018 application when applying for matching tasks/ideas.
This challenge is mandatory if you apply for T720, T763 or T722.
The goal is to build a small application which decodes a buffer with raw image data from the AXIOM Beta and converts it using the [LodePNG library](http://lodev.org/lodepng/) to create a viewable PNG image.
# Create a simple C/C++ console application using the development environment of your choice
# Add lodepng.c/cpp and lodepng.h from the [LodePNG website](http://lodev.org/lodepng/) to your project / Makefile / whatever you use
# Read image data from a RAW12 file (sample file: [portrait-gainx2-offset2047-20ms-02.raw12](http://files.apertus.org/AXIOM-Beta/snapshots/portraits/portrait-gainx2-offset2047-20ms-02.raw12), 4096x3072, 12bit, color sensor with bayer color filter array)
# Save one of the Bayer color channels (red, green1, green2 or blue) as a grayscale 8-bit PNG (2048x1536 Resolution) using the LodePNG library. This PNG should be view-able/compatible with any image-viewer that can display PNG.
# Bonus points if your application runs on the [AXIOM Beta firmware in QEMU](https://github.com/apertus-open-source-cinema/axiom-beta-qemu).
# Bonus points if you use an existing debayering method to recover a color image.
- RAW12: https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/RAW12
- Bayer Pattern: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_filter
- 12bit conversion: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33768206/convert-2-bytes-into-12-bit-number
- 12bit conversion (SIMD not required): https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15443868/fastest-way-to-convert-12bit-image-to-16bit-image
- [Processing RAW images in MATLAB](https://rcsumner.net/raw_guide/RAWguide.pdf) (useful as overview; we are not asking for color-correct output)
- Debayering: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demosaicing
Code for review:
- @TofuLynx: https://github.com/TofuLynx/apertus-CppChallenge
- @supragyaraj: https://github.com/supragya/PiNG12RAW