The next generation Power Board for the AXIOM Beta will feature Smart Switching Regulators to increase the power efficiency and flexibility in voltage regulation. The idea is to use a custom switching regulator based on an energy efficient FPGA/CPL and a power stage.
This task comes in different flavors, ranging from Medium to Hard.
- Define the control loop and switching modes. (Medium)
- Implement control loop and switcher (Medium)
- Simulate switcher to ensure functionality (Hard)
- Test and optimize switching behaviour (Extreme)
- Switching Regulator Know-How
- Mixed Mode Simulation Know-How
- HDL (VHDL or Verilog)
Difficulty: Medium or Hard
Notes: If you do not have access to the required hardware platforms/dev kits, we will provide them (or remote access) to you for the duration of the project.