Control lens systems from various manufacturers (Canon, Nikon, Sony) from the AXIOM Beta hardware.
Implement the different protocols in a way that they can be utilized via AXIOM Beta userspace.
- Establish communication with the Lens System
- Retrieve Information about the Lens System (focal length, aperture range, focus distance etc)
- Control the Lens System (Adjust aperture, focus, etc)
- Create a generic lens control API that should abstract away the differences from different manufacturers.
- A test bench for interfacing the lens with a microcontroller
- A working off the shelf camera/lens assembly to listen to lens communications
- Basic hardware skills
- Embedded systems programming (e.g. Arduino or other microcontrollers)
- 3D CAD?
Some lens protocols were already reverse engineered; some good starting points:
**Mentor:** Alex, Bertl
**Notes:** If you do not have access to the required hardware platforms/dev kits, we will provide them (or remote access) to you for the duration of the project.