This a is a collection of small tasks that can be worked on in the course of a GSoC project. The scope is working on the AXIOM Remote hardware (https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/AXIOM_Remote) which has a hardware prototype finished based on a PIC32 CPU and 320x240 pixel LCD. The software runs "bare metal" and there is no graphics acceleration meaning each pixel is drawn "manually" in the software.
The current AXIOM Remote software code can be found here: https://github.com/apertus-open-source-cinema/AXIOM-Remote/tree/master/AXIOM_Remote_Prototype_V01.X
Videos of the current software and hardware are here: https://lab.apertus.org/T1116
- event handling (button interactions, turning the rotary knob, etc.)
- page setup
- histogram, scopes and other graphs drawing (certain overlap with: T734)
- shutdown routines (save all current parameters/states to external flash storage then power down the system)
- LCD dimming through PWM control of the LCD LEDs.
- embedded systems basics (we use a Microchip PIC32MZ CPU) - Full Manual: https://www.alliedelec.com/m/d/1e5e0c2adda09fc1913391ccd4594515.pdf
**Difficulty:** Low - Medium
**Mentors:** Sebastian, Andrej
To get in touch with any mentor check the [[ https://www.apertus.org/GSoC-2019-Mentor-Contact-List | Mentor Contact List]].