I'd like to create an API for the Beta. After one day of use of the Alpha, some auto documented stuff would be really of use.
My plan is as follow :
- use php
- one feature = one class = one file
- use php reflection api to autogenerate a list of functions, documentation, properties that can be read / write
- create a command line interface as well (ala drupal drush)
- create a rest interface to this api
- create a web front end to at least have a list of all the functions and properties, and a way to get / set all
The idea is to create an api that make sense (on the user side) without being polluted by camera specific (& temporary) quirks and implement it on the camera side, one feature at a time. So, even if we don't have iso setting for now, provide the api already and do our best to implement/enhance it in an iterative way. (what will iso be at the end? Analog gain? Digital gain? A mix of both? We can already provide the feature and implement it basically first, better after).
This could be part of the workshop we'll be doing soon. Any thoughts?